[  Home  ]   [  Profile  ]   [  About  ]   [  Challenges  ]   [  Lists  ]   

Thursday, August 20, 2009

20 in 2009 Book Challenge - Introduction

Since I'm new to the book blogging world, I thought I'd start off with a fairly easy challenge...

the 20 in 2009!

A little late than never, I suppose.... however, I have left a comment on the blog, and since I'm coming up to vacation time - yay! - I hope to get lots of reading done!

I've created a progress page over at "Chasing the mouse...", which includes the rules, links, as well as my list of twenty books (which will be linked to individual entries here), each added as they are read.

I think (though this may change...;-) I'll try and tackle "serious" books (probably non-fic, since I usually can't stand contemporary lit). I have no qualms about admitting that I read "popular" fiction - and enjoy it (especially romance). It entertains, enlightens, and enriches...I always remember that in her time, Jane Austen was considered "popular" and not a classical author (as she is now).

First book up...
"The elements of murder: a history of poison" by John Emsley (2005) - written by a British chemist, it's a hardback tome just shy of 400 pages

Filed in: 20in2009 index at "Chasing the mouse..."

No comments:

Post a Comment